The Royal Standard
“A contemporary take on a traditional pub”Roger Fergus, owner.
Located in the historic fishing village of Flushing, we are a contemporary pub with a relaxed atmosphere and high quality food.
Flushing itself is an interesting and beautiful place to visit with its historic streets and buildings and quaint beach. Its history is documented in a museum on the quay, where the fantastic views across the water and harbour towards Falmouth are shared by the pub.
Our muted colour scheme, stripped pine floors, oak bar and individually selected furniture make for a contemporary venue with a relaxed feel. Our collection of nautically themed pictures and interesting ornaments add a unique touch.
On a cold day you will find The Royal Standard pub cosy with a beautiful open fire. For those lovely hot summer days and nights we have a decked area which is ideal for alfresco dining. At the rear of The Royal Standard is a lovely garden, ideal for children, with amazing Harbour views.
Everybody will be given a warm welcome by our friendly team, large groups or individuals.
Children are very welcome with parents (high chairs available)
Dogs on leads.
WE ARE OPEN!
Dear friends and customers.
We are open!
Everyday from 12 midday
Except Thursdays when we open from 5:30pm.
However things have changed somewhat and we will be working our magic a little differently (in order to keep you and our staff safe in accordance to government guidelines).
So this is how we aim to go forward…DEEP BREATH…
1. Book a table where possible! (we will do our best to accommodate walk in’s but it may not always be possible). booking is highly recommended!
2. You will be greeted at our front door. If at this point you haven’t given us details for the government track and trace we will take a note of them at this time.
3. You will be shown to your table! Some of which will be in our garden marquee.. please let us know if any of your guests are unable to climb a few steep steps!!! Getting to our garden is very steep!!
4. The table table you are shown to.. Is where you must stay!! There will be NO moving of tables (even if it rains) and NO moving of furniture.
5. We are running a table service system Only! Therefore ALL orders will be taken at your table. Drinks and food will be delivered to you to you and discarded by us after you depart.
6. We will be serving all of our food and drinks in rather nice recyclable packaging. This is to minimise any contact points, do our bit for the environment and also for health and safety purposes due to the steep steps up to our marquee. However if you have a table booked inside or at the front of the pub we will if requested serve your first drinks in glass and there after you can decant into that glass.
7. We are operating a one way system.. Please stick to it.
8. We have sanitiser stations dotted all around the pub and garden, feel free to use as often as like.
9. Feel free to bring your own glass, plate, cutlery, pepper grinder etc.
10. Please please respect our new way of doing things so we can all stay safe.
Please check our Facebook page for further updates